The impacts of Covid-19 have spread much wider than anyone could have anticipated, with multi-percentage point daily swings in global stock markets becoming the new normal over the past month, services shutting down and employees working remotely.
One sector feeling the heat is REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts), with hotels, gaming, retail and offices being the most affected due to government-mandated lockdowns and social distancing, though even residential REITs have come under some downward pressure.
In fact, the Vanguard REIT ETF CFD nearly halved in value in less than three weeks, dropping from $93.78 on March 4 to $55.65 on March 23.
So, is this an opportunity to buy strong assets at a discount, or to ride the downward trend? Have your say with Admiral Markets!
Admiral Markets offers 191 REIT CFDs nd 100+ REITs via our Trade.MT5 account, including:
- Safehold Inc (SAFE)
- Liberty Property Trust (LPT)
- Prologis Inc (PLD)
- The Home Depot, Inc. (HD)
- Digital Realty Trust Inc (DLR)
- Essential Properties Realty Trust (EPRT)
- Welltower Inc (WELL)
Keep reading to learn more about your trading and investment options today!
Why Admiral Markets?
Alongside 191 REIT CFDs, with Admiral Markets' Trade.MT5 account, you can trade shares, Forex, commodities, cryptocurrencies, stock indices and more, all via CFDs (contracts for difference)!
Why choose Trade.MT5?
- Trade 4,000+ CFDs on the world's top financial instruments
- Trade long and short, with the opportunity to benefit from rising and falling markets
- Access leverage of up 1:500!
- Cut your trading costs with tight spreads and low commissions
- Start trading today, with minimum deposits from just $100