Source: Economic Events September 28, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
The DAX30 took a serious hit last week and bears continued to attack into the last weekly close, pushing the German index below 12,500 points.
As one could have expected, the followthrough down to 12,200 points came as no big surprise since the SMA(200) on a daily time-frame was able to be found around that region.
When looking at the daily time-frame, one can clearly spot a highly significant region from a technical perspective. We consider a break below 12,200 points a clearly bearish sign:
- Such a break would confirm a toppish structure, which has been forming since the beginning of September
- This makes a run to as low as 11,000 points in the weeks ahead a serious option.
Such a bearish scenario also proves true from a purely seasonal perspective. Not just September, but also October is seasonally bearish during US presidential election years. This will likely play out as long as the following occurs:
- Further monetary, especially fiscal stimulus, is delivered in the US
- A deal is made between Republicans and Democrats in regards to another economic relief package.
On the Hourly time-frame, only the possibility of recapturing 12,700 points is brightening the technical picture. Short-term bounces may find a potential short-trigger at around 12,450/500 points:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Hourly chart (between September 08, 2020, to September 25, 2020). Accessed: September 25, 2020, at 10:00 PM GMT
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Daily chart (between May 07, 2019, to September 25, 2020). Accessed: September 25, 2020, at 10:00 PM GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of the DAX30 CFD increased by 9.56%, in 2016, it increased by 6.87%, in 2017, it increased by 12.51%, in 2018, it fell by 18.26%, and in 2019, it increased by 26.44%, meaning that infive years, it was up by 34.2%.
Check out Admiral Markets' most competitive conditions on the DAX30 CFD and start trading on the DAX30 CFD with a low 0.8 point spread offering during the main Xetra trading hours.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level than with MetaTrader 4. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modelled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.