Source: Economic Events June 19, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
The Euro lost some of its bullish momentum in the recent days, failing to break above 1.1400.
Still, the mode remains bullish, and we consider the short-term downard corrective move to 1.1150/1200 to be an attractive region from a risk-reward perspective, and anticipates a break above 1.1400/50.
Several Fed members may speak as we approach the weekly close, but the focus will primarily be on Powell's speech at 5pm GMT. Nevertheless, it seems unlikely for Powell to say something which deviates from Tuesday's testimony in front of the US congress.
While his speech should be quite neutral, one could certainly assume that the current ultra-dovish mode from the Fed will likely continue for a while, especially if we see heavier selling pressure in US equities.
That in mind, it leads us come to the conclusion that, while monetary and fiscal stimulus in the eurozone should result in European yields to rise, US yields should be expected to drop, making the yield differential between European and US yields narrow further, favouring gains in the EUR/USD.
A break above 1.1400/50 leaves the EUR/USD bullish potential up to the region around 1.1700/1.1800, while a drop below 1.1200 could trigger a deeper correction with a target around 1.1000:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on EUR/USD Daily chart (between April 19, 2019, to June 18, 2020). Accessed: June 18, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of the EUR/USD fell by 10.2%, in 2016, it fell by 3.2%, in 2017, it increased by 13.92%, 2018, it fell by 4.4%, 2019, it fell by 2.2%, meaning that after five years, it was down by 7.3%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.