How to add indicators on MetaTrader 4 for Android
Once the free Android trading application is launched, a simple touch on the "Chart" shortcut (represented by three candlesticks) brings up the trading chart on your smartphone.
Which indicators are available on the Android trading application MT4
You can add indicators (from the list included by default in the MetaTrader 4 mobile application) to your trading charts on your smartphone. This list is composed of almost the same indicators as those included in the PC version of MetaTrader 4. Let's have a look at this list by categories:
Technical indicators included in the "Trend" category:
- Average Directional Movement Index
- Bollinger Bands
- Ichimoku Kinko Hyo
- Moving Average
- Parabolic SAR
- Standard Deviation
Technical indicators included in the "Oscillator" category:
- Average True Range
- Bears Power
- Bulls Power
- Commodity Channel Index
- Force Index
- Moving Average of Oscillator
- Relative Strength Index or (or RSI)
- Relative Vigor Index
- Stochastic Oscillator
- Williams' Percent Range
Technical indicators included in the "Volumes" category:
- Accumulation / Distribution
- Money Flow Index
- On Balance Volume
Technical indicators included in the "Bill Williams" category:
- Accelerator Oscillator
- Awesome Oscillator
- Gator Oscillator
- Market Facilitation Index
How to add indicators to the MT4 trading chart on Android
Adding indicators to a trading chart is very simple. You just need to click on the "f" icon at the top of the Android trading application. This brings you a window where you can see "Main Chart". You then need to click on the "f+" icon on the right of it to display the list of all default indicators included in the MT4 mobile trading platform.
To add indicators to the trading chart on MetaTrader 4 for Android:
- Press the "f" icon at the top of the MT4 trading chart
- Select the "f+" icon on the right of "Main Chart"
- Click on the indicator you want to be displayed on the chart
- Modify (if necessary) the indicator's settings, and validate
- Finally, click on "Done" or "Ok"
This brings you straight back to the trading chart on MT4 for Android, this time with the indicator added.
How to add or remove multiple indicators on MetaTrader 4 for Android
Once again, the "f" icon is the answer to this question. By clicking on "f", a window indicating all indicators present on the chart appears. From this window, you have the possibility to:
- Add a new MT4 technical indicator
- To do this, simply click on the "f+" icon on the right of your Android smartphone screen. You will once again have access to the list of indicators as we saw earlier.
- Delete one or more indicators already present on the chart
- To do so, simply click on the trash bin icon at the top right of your screen, then check the boxes of the indicators you no longer want on your chart. Once you've selected the indicators you want to remove, click one more time on the trash bin icon.
All technical indicators are not available on mobile versions of MetaTrader 4. This is also the case for some indicators which allow you to see a different representation of the price than the three available by default on the MT4 trading application for Android (bar chart, candlestick, and line chart).
Some of these indicators include:
- Heiken (Heikin) Ashi for MT4 Android
- Renko chart for MT4 Android
- Pivot points indicator for MT4 Android
Nevertheless, the default technical indicators included in the MT4 trading application for Android are among the most famous and widespread indicators available. They are a valuable aid in understanding price fluctuations from your smartphone.
The possibility to add technical indicators to perform technical analyses similar to what we can do from a computer classifies the mobile version of MetaTrader 4 as the best trading application available on Android.
Admiral Markets provides you with free and unlimited demo accounts on your MetaTrader 4 application for Android to give you access to real market conditions. These accounts allow you to try trading on Android in a secure way, without risking any real money!
About Admiral Markets
As a regulated broker, we provide access to some of the most widely used trading platforms in the world. With us, you can trade CFDs, shares, and ETFs.