How to display chart information on MetaTrader 4?
Once your MetaTrader 4 demo account is opened, a solution to display chart information is available on the MetaTrader 4 forex platform by default.
1. The "Data window" shortcut
Once you click on this shortcut, the data window for the trading chart opens on the left of the MT4 platform.
This window summarizes the following information:
- The date of the candle on which the cursor is placed
- The corresponding time
- The opening price
- The highest price
- The lowest price
- The closing price
- The corresponding volume
On top of this, the data window can provide even more information!
It is possible to complete the basic information provided, especially when indicators are added to the chart.
Let's take an example on the 5-minute Silver chart. Let's imagine that your MT4 trading strategy relies on two indicators:
- A 50-period simple moving average (SMA)
- A 14-period relative strength index (RSI)
After adding these two indicators, the data window is completed with information about them, in regards to the candlestick you have your cursor on.
Let's now look at the result:
Opening price: 17.058
Highest price: 17.059
Lowest price: 16.950
Closing price: 16.957
Corresponding volume: 333
Here is how to display chart information using the basic features of the MT4 forex platform.
Other solutions are available to see chart information on MetaTrader 4.
The MetaTrader 4 Supreme Edition tools, developed by Admiral Markets' professional teams, allow you to see in more detail and in a more efficient way the information of your trading chart you are the most interested in.
2. The "Admiral Symbol Info" shortcut
Once applied to the chart, this MT4 indicator offers a series of fully customizable settings to match your trading strategy.
Therefore, you can:
- Choose the asset you want such as the Euro Dollar – EURUSD, the DAX 30, or the GOLD
- Choose the time frame you want
- Choose the indicators you want information about
- The available indicators are:
- Awesome Oscillator
- Parabolic SAR
- Choose your favorite settings for each indicator
Once you have made your customization, all you have to do is click on OK.
You can now see a small window inside your MT4 trading chart.
This window concerns the asset and the time frame you have chosen, as well as:
- Indications of each previously selected indicator on each time frame available by default on the MT4 platform
- The blue dots represent bullish signals
- The red dots represent bearish signals
- A summary of all indicators in a global signal in percentage
- A blue arrow for a bullish trend
- A red arrow for a bearish trend
This indicator offers you multiple filters that may already be a part of your trading system, in one simple and efficient tool. You can test it for free with the Admiral Markets demo account.