How to save and configure an MetaTrader 4 chart
Once your MetaTrader 4 demo account is opened, you can easily configure and save your screen and analyses!
Here are the steps to follow in order to configure an MT4 forex trading chart:
- Add your favorite indicators with the parameters of your choice to your trading chart
- Example: a 20-period and a 50-period exponential moving average
- An MACD with default parameters
- Choose the colors of these indicators
- Choose the color of the background and the writing font
How to save an MT4 chart?
- Click on the "Templates" shortcut
- Select "Save Template"
- Give a title to your new template, such as "Forex Analysis"
- Finally, click on "Save"
In order to test by yourself if your template has been saved, you can close the chart, reopen it and:
- Click again on the "Templates" shortcut
- Select the template you just saved: "Forex Analysis"
Now, you should have the template you previously saved on your chart, with all the indicators set the way you chose.
Finally, how to save your technical analyses?
The answer is simple! All you have to do is repeat the same manipulation you just did.
Let's take an example!
Let's say that your analysis includes several support and resistance levels as well as a bearish trend line on the euro dollar - EURUSD.
Once your technical analysis is finished, repeat once again the manipulation to save the template of an MT4 trading chart. However, this time, add the name of the currency pair you just analyzed to be able to differentiate templates without analyses from templates with one.
How to share an MT4 or MT5 chart with friends?
You want to share your chart on social networks or with other traders?
You are lucky! Whether on MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5, it is possible to save a forex trading chart as a picture, easy to send by email!
It is very simple; all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Right-click on the chart
- Select "Save As Picture"
- Choose according to the section of the screen you want to save as a picture:
- "Active workspace"
- "Active chart (as is)"
- "Active chart"
You can even tick the box "Post image online in MQL5 Charts service and get the link". This is optional!
Then you just have to click "OK", and you will be able to send the image of your chart to your friends by email, once it has been saved on your computer.