The best iPhone trading application - MetaTrader 4
Nowadays, traders are more mobile than ever. The MetaTrader 4 trading application for iPhone provides retail traders with the freedom to access and trade financial markets from their Apple smartphone, wherever they are in the world. In this article, we will go through everything you need to know about the MT4 trading application.
How to download the MetaTrader 4 application for iPhone
- On your iPhone, go to the App Store
- Go to the search section using the search icon at the bottom right of your screen
- Enter "MT4" in the search bar
- Select "MetaTrader 4" by MetaQuotes Software Corp
- Click on "Get" next to the application name
- Finally, click on "Install"
This will launch the download of the MetaTrader 4 trading application.
That's it! Your iPhone trading application is now installed. All you have to do is open it and connect with your demo or real account IDs.
Installing the MetaTrader 4 iPhone application is very easy, especially if you choose the Admiral Markets version of the trading application.
How to create an account on the MT4 iPhone trading application
- Go to the settings tab using the settings icon at the bottom right of your screen
- Click on "New account"
- Click on "Open a demo account"
- Fill in the name of the broker "Admiral Markets"
- You will then have several Admiral Markets server names
- Select either "AdmiralMarkets-Demo" or "AdmiralMarkets-Demo2"
- Fill in your phone number
- Fill in your email address
- Choose the type of account (Markets USD or Markets EUR)
- Choose the leverage you want (1:500 - 1:200 - 1:100 - 1:50 - 1:25) (example: 1:500 means that the required margin for a 100,000 EUR contract is 200 EUR)
- Choose the amount in euros or dollars that you want on the demo trading account
- Click on "Register"
- Finally, click on "Copy to clipboard"
This will allow you to log into your Admiral Markets account automatically!
For future connections, you will just have to launch the MT4 trading application from the icon on your iPhone's screen.
How to add an account on the MT4 iPhone trading application
- Go to the application settings tab using the icon at the bottom right of your iPhone's screen
- Click on "New account"
- Click on "Login to an existing account"
- Fill in the broker's name to find the server you want
- Fill in your login
- Fill in your password
- Click on "Save"
- Finally, click on "Sign in" at the top right of your iPhone's screen
This will connect you to your existing real or demo account. You can then enjoy the trading application from your smartphone.
The MetaTrader 4 iPhone application – Tabs
The MetaTrader 4 trading application is organized around 5 main tabs, placed at the bottom of your iPhone's screen:
The quotations tab displays the list of all desired assets with their respective quotations: the bid price and the ask price. It is possible to customize this list according to the assets you trade the most. Moreover, you can choose the "advanced" visualization of the quotations at the top of your iPhone's screen to be able to keep an eye on the spread at any time.
The chart tab displays the MetaTrader 4 trading chart of the asset you have chosen, in the time frame you have selected. It is possible to perform technical analyses on this trading chart using indicators available by default on the MT4 application.
This tab of the iPhone trading application gathers information about your account such as the balance and open positions.
The "History" tab of the application records all closed positions on the account. You have the possibility to sort them out by profit, loss, time, and other criteria.
The settings tab gathers all the options of the trading application, whether it is to open an account, customize charts or change the language.
We remind you that Admiral Markets can provide free and unlimited demo accounts to give you access to real market conditions.
These accounts allow you to try trading from your iPhone without risking any real money!
The best iPhone trading application
Here are the reasons why the iPhone trading application MetaTrader 4 is the best, the most used worldwide and compatible with hundreds of brokers:
- You can create a free Admiral Markets trading account, or login to an existing account very quickly
- The MetaTrader 4 application for iPhone is fast and easy to use. When trading with a smartphone, the speed of the platform is essential. If the trading application is too slow, you may have trouble placing orders and could potentially miss the entry point you were aiming. MT4 is a reliable and fast trading application, working well even with a slow internet connection. You can easily test the application's speed and the order execution quality thanks to a demo account
- The trading application is accessible from iPhones and iPads
- You can access real-time market quotations from your iPhone. The MT4 trading application allows you to customize charts as much as you want, with indicators and many other tools to be in the best conditions to perform analyses
- You can adopt the trading style you want. Whether you are a scalper, a day trader or a swing trader, you can open and manage positions from your iPhone.
- Almost all financial markets are accessible from your smartphone. You can trade currencies, commodities, indices, cryptocurrencies, and many more
- All types of orders are available: buy limit, buy stop, sell limit, sell stop, market execution, stop loss, and take profit
- You can access the complete history of your trading account
- You can display trade levels on the chart to see where are your entry points, take profits and stop losses
- Audible alerts are available. Thanks to this feature, you can't miss any opportunity you have been waiting for
- Economic news is available on the MT4 trading application
MetaTrader is the best trading application available for iPhone. In order to have your own opinion about the application, you can download it from the App Store and try it yourself with a demo account.
MT4 for iPhone is considered as a really user-friendly platform for trading. The iPhone trading platform combines an accessible interface with a wide range of useful features, making it a reliable application. Each of the tabs previously described in this article allows you to get almost all the features available on a computer.
MT4 for iPhone offers an offline mode, which can be used when no internet connection is available. This feature allows traders to get access to charts wherever they are, even if it is not very likely to be in an area without internet connection.
The MT4 trading application is available in many different languages. This is also one of the reasons why MetaTrader 4 is so popular among traders around the world. This IOS forex platform is continuously updated to remove any bugs and improve it as much as possible.
How to use this iPhone trading platform
- As an emergency trading platform
- As a mobile trading station
Let's start with the first possibility!
Having a trading application accessible with a different internet connection than your laptop is an additional security that every trader should have to face the following risks:
- Loss of internet connection at home
- Bug on your desktop computer or laptop
- Unexpected computer update
This is why a backup solution is always necessary, or at least highly recommended! This is one of the ways to use the online trading application available for your Apple smartphone.
The IOS trading station will allow you to:
- Manage your open positions
- Close any position you want (opened or pending)
- Open orders to take advantage of market movements
This allows you to control your account the way you want. If you desire to trade CFDs in the short term, it is necessary to have access to a mobile trading platform at any moment as position management is a significant part of a scalper's success. Moreover, it becomes essential to be able to see open positions when markets are highly volatile.
Let's now move on to the most frequent use of the best mobile trading application:
- Analyze CFDs and forex charts
- Display technical indicators
- Draw chart patterns
- Trade from the chart itself
- Manage positions
You read it right!
This mobile trading platform can allow you to trace graphical elements such as:
- Trend lines
- Supports and resistances
Here are the main technical analysis features of the iPhone trading platform:
- Real-time prices with zoom and scaling capabilities
- 30 of the most popular technical indicators
- 24 analysis objects: lines, channels, geometric shapes, but also Gann tools, Fibonacci retracements, and Elliott Waves
- 9 different time frames: M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1, W1, and MN
- 3 different ways to display the price: bar charts, Japanese candlesticks, and line charts
Of course, it is not possible to use expert advisors on a mobile trading platform like MetaTrader 4 for iPhone.
This forex trading platform for iPhone provides a set of technical analysis tools that can help you in your daily routine, allowing you to identify trends and patterns as well as setting reminders for entry points.
Navigate between the different time frames of your mobile platform
On the mobile trading application MetaTrader 4, it is possible to perform technical analyses on several time frames, among the 9 proposed.
Switching from a time frame to another depends on the way your smartphone is orientated:
- In a vertical position, the iPhone trading platform displays the toolbar at the top of the screen with a tab indicating the current time frame (at the top left). You just need to click on it to display all the available time frames, and choose the one you want to make your analysis on
- In a horizontal position, you just need to touch the screen and a bar containing all time frames will appear on the left side of the screen. Once again, a simple click on the desired time frame is enough to switch to it
The best iPhone trading application with indicators
Here is the list of all technical indicators available by default in the MT4 application for mobile online trading:
- Accelerator Oscillator
- Average Directional Movement Index
- Awesome Oscillator
- Average True Range
- Bollinger Bands
- Bears Power
- Commodity Channel Index
- Bulls Power
- Force Index
- Gator Oscillator
- Market Facilitation Index
- Ichimoku Kinko Hyo
- Money Flow Index
- Moving Average
- On Balance Volume
- Moving Average of Oscillator
- Relative Strength Index
- Parabolic SAR
- The Standard Deviation
- Relative Vigor Index
- Williams' Percent Range
Technical indicators can be customized with, for example, different colors, their location on the screen, or period they are going to be applied on. This IOS forex trading platform gathers the most famous and widespread indicators used in trading worldwide.
How to add indicators on the mobile trading platform for iPhone MT4
To add a new indicator, you just need to click on the "f" icon at the top of the iPhone trading application. It is also possible to click on the chart to have a menu that leads to the indicators. Then, we find an intermediate page with:
- Main window
- Indicator window 1
By clicking on one of these two choices, you will be taken to the list of all the indicators included in the platform. The only difference is that the indicator you will choose will be displayed either in the main window, or in the secondary window.
Once you have made your choice, all you have to do is:
- Click on the indicator you want
- Modify the indicator parameters if necessary and validate
- Click on "Done"
This completes the manipulation and takes you back to the initial chart, where the added indicator now appears.
How to modify or delete indicators on the iOS trading application
By selecting the "f" icon, a window indicating all indicators already present on the chart appears. You then have the possibility to:
- Add a new MT4 indicator. To do this, you just need to click on the window of your choice. You will again have access to the indicator's list as we previously saw
- Delete indicators already present on the chart. You just need to click on "Edit" at the top right of your iPhone's screen, and then click on the "–" sign near the indicator you want to remove from the chart. Finally, select "Delete"
- Modify the parameters of an indicator. You can do this simply by clicking on the indicator you want to modify to access its settings
The added value of this iPhone trading application is the possibility to add several indicators in the secondary window of the chart. This is an interesting feature because it allows you to keep clean and not overload charts while having the indicators you need to perform analyses.
Not all technical indicators are available on smartphones. If you are looking for the Heiken Ashi indicator (which is a different representation of the price), you will not find a reliable version available for iPhone. The same problem applies to other known indicators such as pivot points, or Renko (which is also a different representation of the price).
Nevertheless, the default indicators available on the mobile version of MetaTrader 4 are among the most famous and widespread, and are a valuable aid in understanding market fluctuations from your iPhone.
The best IOS trading application – Conclusion
Mobile trading tanks to the MetaTrader 4 application for iPhone allows traders to manage their accounts from their Apple smartphones.
Our opinion is that MetaTrader 4 is one of the best trading applications available on the App Store. We invite you to test it and make your own opinion. MetaTrader 4 allows you to manage your trading account wherever you are, and perform analyses from your smartphone using a wide variety of options.
The best remains to open a demo trading account before starting with real money.